Photobucket

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Passion 2012



Passion 2012 Conference
Hi everyone! We've just begun a series on Living From the Inside Out. I"ll have the second post in that series up within the next couple of days, but wanted to take a minute to share something extraordinary that's been happening in Atlanta, Georgia this week. It's the 2012 Passion Conference. 


"Passion exists to see a generation stake their lives on what matters most . . . the fame of the One who rescues and restores, and the privilege we have to fully leverage our lives by amplifying His name in everything we do." "Passion 2012 is more than just another event, it's a beautiful part of a movement that's about finding true meaning as we take our place in a story so much bigger than ourselves. It's about trading small dreams for a grand epic that is shaping history and has no end. And it's about a rare chance for tens of thousands of university-aged young people to gather in celebration of their common faith purpose." (From the Passion website)


I've heard about Passion for years and always wanted to go - but I'm a little older than the college-aged students it's for. :) This year there's a live feed from the conference, and I've been watching every session here at my home. My spirit has been soaring, my heart has been moved, and I am encouraged as I watch this generation of young people. I only wish I had put up a post about this sooner so you would have had the opportunity to be a part of this the entire time. Click here to link to the live feed.


Passion 2012


The feeds from their speakers are kept on the site for 24 hours so the feeds from yesterday are still available. The last session is at 10:45 a.m. (eastern time) this morning (1/5/2012). If you miss it, you can access it for the next 24 hours.


The conference sold out this year. There are between 44,000 - 48,000 young people attending - and at last count, around 42,000 people watching from around the world via live feed. Speakers include Beth Moore, Chris Caine, Louie Giglio, John Piper, and Francis Chan. Worship leaders include Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, Lecrae, Hillsong, and the David Crowder Band. Worship has blown me away! Hope you have time to check this out.


Blessings,
Lisa~

No comments: